Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy approach that has proven effective for the treatment of trauma by approximately 24 randomized controlled trials and has been recommended as a first-line trauma treatment in the international practice guidelines of numerous organizations, including the American Psychiatric Association (2004).
- Controlled research studies are needed to evaluate EMDR therapy’s effectiveness with other disorders, as suggested by preliminary research and anecdotal reports.
- The EMDR Research Foundation recognizes this need with the following research priorities:
- Advancing Evidence-Based Practice
- Addressing the Global Burden of Trauma
- Building Clinical Evidence
We Need Your Help
Prevent EMDR therapy from being left by the wayside as other less effective but better funded methods are being advanced.
YOUR DONATION CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!