EMDR is a psychotherapy approach that has proven effective for the treatment of trauma by approximately 24 randomized controlled trials and has been recommended as a first-line trauma treatment in the international practice guidelines of numerous organizations, including the American Psychiatric Association (2004).
- Controlled research studies are needed to evaluate EMDR therapy’s effectiveness with other disorders, as suggested by preliminary research and anecdotal reports.
- The EMDR Research Foundation recognizes this need with the following research priorities:
- Advancing Evidence-Based Practice
- Addressing the Global Burden of Trauma
- Building Clinical Evidence
We Need Your Help
Prevent EMDR therapy from being left by the wayside as other less effective but better funded methods are being advanced.