The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research
|The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research is published by Springer Publishing Company, LLC. Dr. Louise Maxfield, a distinguished EMDR researcher and author, is the Editor of this quarterly peer-reviewed publication devoted to integrative, state-of-the-art papers about EMDR. It is a broadly conceived interdisciplinary journal that stimulates and communicates research and theory about EMDR, and their application to clinical practice. The journal publishes experimental studies; theoretical, review, and methodological articles; case studies; brief reports; and book reviews. If you would like to submit an article, please see the Call for Papers. Volume 1, Number 1 was published in July 2007and subscriptions are included with EMDR International Association membership.|
- Members of EMDR International Association can login to the Members Only area of the website and select the link that says "Read the Journal of EMDR Practice & Research"
- Non-Members of EMDR International Association please visit the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research page on the Springer Publishing Company website for subscription information
Call for Papers
You are invited to participate in the publication of the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research is a quarterly, peer-reviewed publication devoted to integrative, state-of-the-art papers about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It is a broadly conceived interdisciplinary journal that stimulates and communicates research and theory about EMDR, and their application to clinical practice.
For the Journal to be the premiere resource on EMDR, all members of EMDRIA and the mental health community are encouraged to contribute manuscripts. Examples of articles include :
- Case Studies
- Asses the applicability of EMDR for a client/clients with a specific disorder or challenging presentation
- Examine changes to the standard protocol using a case series approach
- Research Studies
- Investigate outcome, by using randomized clinical trials
- Investigate treatment processes
- Evaluate the role of eye movements and bilateral stimulation
- Assess individual factors/personality variables to treatment outcome or process
- Clinical Contributions
- Discussion of the impact of ethnicity and culture
- Suggestions on how to evaluate client readiness for treatment
- Recommendations for treatment of a specific disorder
- Review Articles
- Summarize literature and research in a particular domain
- Theoretical Reviews
- Summarize research and propose hypotheses
Manuscript Preparation and Submission
Authors should prepare manuscripts according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th Edition). Manuscripts are generally expected to be 20-25 pages in length. Brief reports will be 10-15 pages in length. All instructions for preparation of the manuscript are found in the Guidelines for Authors document.
Guidelines for Authors (PDF)
Editor | Louise Maxfield, Ph.D., CPsych
London Helath Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario
Lakehead University, London ON Canada
Click here to view Editorial Board Members.
For advertising rates and additional information on the Journal please visit the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research page on the Springer Publishing Company website.