Show Your Support
We invite our donors to show their support by adding our "I Support Research!" button to their website, facebook page, or email signature line. Open the image by clicking the image you want (below) , then right-click on the image and click "save image as". Save the image to your desktop to later add to your email signature line or upload to your website or other pages.
Note: Once downloaded and saved to your desktop or device, you will need to resize the image to fit your particular needs.
Tell Us Why You Support the EMDR Research Foundation
Two informational documents about the EMDR Research Foundation for you to download, post, distribute, or print
We encourage clinicians, consultants, regional coordinators, trainers, and, and workshop sponsors to distribute these documents at trainings, local events, and to your consultees. Please feel free to post this on your website, or print for distribution in your waiting room or as a handout.
- EMDR Research Foundation Informational Handout: The EMDR Research Foundation has created an informational handout that you can distribute freely - by paper or electronically. Use it to introduce your colleagues, trainees, consultees, or others to the important work of the EMDR Research Foundation. It provides more information about our vision and mission, history, and grant awards; as well as special resources that can assist both clinicians and researchers. Click here to download.
- EMDR Research Foundation 2015 Highlights Document: This attractive, trifold document describes the work of the EMDR Research Foundation from July 2014 through August 2015; including our most recently funded research projects. We encourage trainers, consultants, clinicians, researchers, Regional Coordinators and others to download this document and distribute it freely. Post these "Highlights 2015" online, send by email, or distribute printed copies at your next event, training, or meeting. Click here to download.
You can help! Funding and promoting scientific research is crucial to the advancement of EMDR and its positive impact on people’s lives. With your help, the EMDR Research Foundation is investing in the health and well-being of people everywhere. Please donate today!
Your sustaining gift will automatically repeat each month. Sustaining gifts provide vital funds that support the EMDR Research Foundation mission. The Visionary Alliance program includes monthly donations of $15 or more. Sustaining gift programs are vital to the success of the organization because they provide a predictable, continuous stream of income that will give the Foundation leverage when pursuing funding from larger organizations, granting agencies and foundations. It also allows us to predict the amount we can distribute to support research proposals.
Gifts in Honor or Memory
A Tribute Gift enables you to meaningfully honor or remember someone while supporting the EMDR Research Foundation and EMDR Research. Your donation provides special recognition when you make it in tribute to a living loved one, friend, relative or colleague or in memory of someone deceased.
Named Research Grants
A donation to the EMDR Research Foundation of at least $5,000 can be used to provide an EMDR Research Grant in the amount of your gift. You will have the option of naming the grant using your name or making it in honor of or in memory of another person or group.
Mail, Phone, Stock or Wire Transfers
Leadership gifts have provided stability and growth since our inception, and positioned the EMDR Research Foundation today with the opportunity to evaluate EMDR's effectiveness with a variety of disorders, as suggested by preliminary research and anecdotal reports. The EMDR Research Foundation is able to focus on research to combat trauma, depression, and children and adolescents.
A variety of planned giving arrangements are available, each offering important benefits for donors, their families and the EMDR Research Foundation. Planned gifts can be "win-win" opportunities that enable you to fulfill your philanthropic inclinations while maximizing your tax savings. The following are highlights of several popular planned giving ideas:
Will and Trusts
Name the EMDR Research Foundation as a beneficiary of your estate. You can designate that all or a percent of your estate or specific assets be given to the Foundation upon you demise or at a future time.
Beneficiary Designations Gifts
Designate the EMDR Research Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, IRA or pension plan.
Your employer may offer the convenience of direct payroll withholding of your charitable donation. Many employers will match charitable donations made by their employees. Matching programs can double the impact of your gift.
Your contribution to the EMDR Research Foundation Endowment Fund can be for general use or designated for research-related activities. Either way, your gift will provide funds that the Foundation can use annually in perpetuity.
**The EMDR Research Foundation recommends that you consult with estate planning and/or tax experts when considering planned gifts.**
Write a TRIP Column
"Translating Research Into Practice" (TRIP) is a regular feature of the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research in which clinicians share clinical case examples that support, elaborate, or illustrate the results of a specific research study. Each column begins with the abstract of that study, followed by the clinician’s description of their own application of standard EMDR procedures with the population or problem treated in the study. The column is edited by the EMDR Research Foundation with the goal of providing a link between research and practice and making research findings relevant in therapists’ day-today practices.
We are soliciting clinical case examples inspired by or supported by research.
• Clinicians – If you have read a research article that stimulated your thinking, inspired your work, or made a difference in your work with a client, please share this by writing a brief case description that elucidates or is inspired by the findings of a research article.
• Researchers – If you have been involved in a research study and would like to share clinical examples that elucidate your findings, we invite you to share them with your clinical colleagues by writing your case example and how it relates to your research.
• Clinical consultants and trainers – If you have found a research article that has proven helpful to a consultee or to trainees in their understanding of or application of EMDR, please share your experiences. We can support researchers in disseminating their findings and provide the critical link between research and practice. For more information about writing a TRIP column click here. To access the published TRIP articles, visit here